TN Employment Standard FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions About the Tennessee Employment Standard: Gifted Education
1. Will I receive Vanderbilt University course credit as part of the employment standard?
No. The Employment Standard is a multi-day workshop. Course credit is not available.
2. Do I need to apply to Vanderbilt to participate in the Tennessee Employment Standard?
No. This workshop is not eligible for course credit from Vanderbilt. Therefore, you do not need to apply as a student.
3. Will I receive an add-on certificate or endorsement to my teaching license upon conclusion of participating in the Employment Standard?
No. Upon conclusion of successful participation in the workshop, you will receive a document indicating you participated in the Tennessee Employment Standard: Gifted Education. You may submit this to your school district as proof of participation. For more information regarding state standards for teaching gifted students, visit this page from the TN Department of Education. Please check with your district before registering to be sure they will accept Vanderbilt’s Employment Standard contact hours for employment in your district.
4. Will I be able/eligible to take the Praxis for Gifted Education after earning the TN Employment Standard?
5. How do I register for the Employment Standard workshop?
Registration can be completed online through the portal (Coming Soon) or using the downloadable PDF (Coming Soon). The form can be emailed directly to PTY at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Are there scholarships available?
Not at this time.