Spring Saturday SAVY, Week 3, Harry Potter: The Science Behind the Magic (5th-6th)

Posted by on Monday, February 12, 2024 in blog, SAVY.

Our last day of wizarding school was a blast! In Herbology Class, we compared plants from the wizarding world to their muggle counterparts. It was amazing to see how regular plants can have magical properties. Sneezewort can be used as a sneezing agent, while others have healing or poisonous properties. After our lesson, students potted their own mandrakes! 

To signify the completion of their wizarding school journey, our young wizards took their O.W.L. Exams. Everyone performed spectacularly, and I was so impressed with their advanced learning abilities. Students returned home with their notes and lessons in hand, so I encourage you to look through the information with them. Ask them to walk you through their favorite lesson or recreate their favorite experiment at home! 

Following a busy morning, we ended our day with the House Cup Ceremony! Slytherin took home the House Cup, and we celebrated with butterbeer. Finally, students officially graduated from wizarding school and received their diplomas. I have had such a fun few weeks with your students and am sad to see them go, but I cannot wait to see what kind of magic they create in the world!