Summer SAVY Session 4, Day 3, Animal Adaptations (Kent)
Day 3: Today, we started with a discussion of the difference between ecosystems and habitats.
We then discussed animal characteristics, particularly body coverings. We related body coverings to changes that happen to animals, segueing into learning more about camouflage.
The zoo visited and discussed the adaptations their animals exhibit. They brought an African millipede, a Honduran milk snake, and an opossum. The students were fascinated and excited to meet and learn about these animals!
Questions to ask over dinner:
- What is the difference between an ecosystem and a habitat?
- What are the different body coverings animals have?
- Why do animals have different body coverings?
- What is the purpose of camouflage?
- Tell me about an adaptation of the African millipede, the Honduran milk snake, and the opossum.