Weekend at Vanderbilt University (WAVU) Classroom Assistant
The Classroom Assistant (CA) supports the WAVU academic experience through supporting logistical, risk management and scheduling aspects of the WAVU classroom. Classroom Assistants are responsible for managing check-in and check-our procedures as well as for leading all building to building transitions throughout the academic day. In working with other program team members, classroom assistants support all student needs as they arise as well as ensure that all risk management policies are being followed.
Within their wide array of duties and responsibilities, WAVU Classroom Assistants manage three domains of responsibility:
- Risk Management Support — Adhere to and support compliance of program and university policies including the protection of minors, guidelines and regulations, and provide additional support as determined by administrative staff.
- Logistical Support — Set up for labs and other classroom activities and other duties necessary for the smooth operations of the classroom.
- Student Support — Liaise with appropriate staff about students’ socio-emotional and academic concerns. All PTY staff must adhere to PTY’s policies related to confidentiality.
VSA Classroom Assistants are also expected to:
- Be a role model for all student participants and colleagues.
- Implement efficient operations and workflow strategies in a rapidly changing and fast-paced residential program.
- Possess cultural sensitivity awareness and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Liaise between academic and residential life through facilitating effective communication across multiple program areas.
- Uphold and exemplify community values, regulations, and expectations.
- Enthusiastically adapt and pivot as needed to ensure optimal, engaging, and safe student experiences.
- Assist with various administrative duties and processes to ensure smooth operations.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, demanding work environment that requires continuing flexibility, a positive and caring attitude, and collaboration.
- Adhere to PTY’s policies related to confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a current undergraduate student, graduate student, or a professional.
- Demonstrate exceptional maturity and character.
- Have experience working within an office or customer service intensive role.
- Have experience communicating with parents or key stakeholders of an organization.
- Embody a strong team player ethic and sense of humor.
- Be able to successfully and positively communicate with individuals of all ages, experiences, and roles.
- Successfully pass the Vanderbilt University criminal background check and online training for working with minors.
- Agree to adhere to all duties before, during, and after the program as outlined in the staff materials.
Program Dates and Times:*
- Online Training: TBA
- Program Date: December 2, 2023
- Standard hours are 7:30AM to 5:00PM