TN Employment Standard FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions About the Tennessee Employment Standard: Gifted Education
1. Will I receive Vanderbilt University course credit as part of the employment standard?
No. The Employment Standard is a two- week workshop. Course credit is not available.
2. Do I need to apply to Vanderbilt to participate in the Tennessee Employment Standard?
No. This workshop is not eligible for course credit from Vanderbilt. Therefore, you do not need to apply as a student.
3. Will I receive an add-on certificate or endorsement to my teaching license upon conclusion of participating in the Employment Standard?
No. Upon conclusion of successful participation in the two-week workshop, you will receive a document indicating you participated in the Tennessee Employment Standard: Gifted Education. You may submit this to your school district as proof of participation. For more information regarding state standards of gifted education, visit this page. Click on the “Administrative Rule and Regulations” chapter and go to page 4. Please check with your district before registering to be sure they will accept Vanderbilt’s Employment Standard contact hours for employment in your district.
4. How do I register for the Employment Standard workshop?
Download the registration form. Mail the completed form to Vanderbilt Programs for Talented Youth at:Peabody #506 230 Appleton Place Nashville, TN 37203
5. Are there scholarships available?
Not at this time.
6. Are there area hotels or other accommodations near campus?
Yes. Area accommodations range from luxury hotels to dorm-like housing off campus. The Scarritt Bennett Center offers modest accommodations at a reasonable price. Vanderbilt also maintains a listing of area accommodations.