Applying to VSA: What You Need to Know
Posted by on Monday, January 5, 2015 in VSA Blog.
We are glad to hear of your interest in Vanderbilt Summer Academy. Applying to VSA is, in many ways, like filling out a college application. So we know it can seem a little daunting. Here are a few things that may help make things easier. Of course, the most thorough information can be found on in our Admissions page.
- Apply Early — Our classes fill very quickly. So we recommend that you complete your application as early as possible. For the best chance of getting your first-ranked course, apply during the “priority window” (January 6-16, 2015). After that, we process applications in the order in which we receive them.
- Get Online-Ready — If you apply online, make sure you have the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer. We recommend using a desktop/laptop computer. Many mobile devices do not like our system. It is also a good idea to set up your student account or recover your password if you have forgotten it. You can do that at any time.
- Get Your Docs in Order — Make sure you have your ACT/PSAT/SAT scores or portfolio ready and that you know which courses have pre-requisites. Teacher Recommendations can be completed within your online VSA Application (it’s super easy, just make sure you have your teacher’s email address), but you can also download forms the old fashioned way,
- Know What to Pay — Every applicant must pay a $40 application fee. This is non-refundable. There is also a $300 deposit that will go toward your tuition. Financial aid applicants will only pay this deposit upon admission.
- Complete our Financial Aid Application — If you are applying for financial aid, fill out the form now. There is no online financial aid form. So you will need to fax or mail those documents to us.
- Don’t Panic — We know these applications can have lots of different parts. If we get your financial aid and teacher recommendation forms in a reasonable amount of time, we will give them the same timestamp as your VSA application.
As always, if you have any questions, call us at 615-322-8261! We look forward to seeing your application for VSA 2015! #vsa2015