Applying to VSA: A Sneak Peek!

Posted by on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 in news, VSA Blog.

It is December 26, just after noon. PTY is running with a skeleton crew right now. Many of our staff are visiting friends and family over the holidays. We have only gotten a few calls this morning, but so far they have all been about the VSA application process. It seems that many students are planning to apply as soon as they can. If that is you, here are some things you can do to get ready to apply:

• Locate your SAT/ACT scores (if you have never attended VSA before).
  • Get your most recent transcripts (if you plan to apply for Med School 101 or any math, science, or engineering course).
  • Gather financial information (if you plan to apply for financial aid; see our financial aid application from last year for details).
  • Scan all your documents (if you plan to apply online).
  • Draft your essays.
(1) In 250 words or less, please tell us why you chose the class you ranked as number one.

(2) Write an original response to one of the following prompts: You have just written a 300 page autobiography. Send us page 217. OR What invention would the world be better of without? Why? OR If you could spend a year with a real or fictional person from the past or present, whom would you choose and why?

The VSA application should be available for download starting January 1 (at approximately 9:00 a.m. CST). You will also be able to apply online.

Best wishes, everybody! We hope to see you in the summer of 2013!

Responses

• Michael J Brennan

January 12th, 2013

I submitted app on line Jan. 1. Overnighted transcripts,PSAT ,and essays Jan. 7. When will I know if I am accepted into the Med 101
    Program ? This will be my second session@ Vandy
    Thanks,
    Michael J Brennnan

• davidjdunn

January 22nd, 2013

We did not start reviewing applications until January 11. We are still working our way through a very big pile.

• Megha Talati

January 21st, 2013

My Daughter is a rising 8th grader. Please let me know if she can apply for VSA program. Thanks

MEgha

• davidjdunn

January 22nd, 2013

Your daughter can apply for VSA as a rising 8th grader.

• judy bailey

January 22nd, 2013

Is it too late for a rising senior to apply for summer?

• davidjdunn

January 22nd, 2013

Nope. Some classes will fill quickly. But I would go ahead and apply.

• Lena

February 6th, 2013

I believe I sent my application in on February 5th. When will I find out?

Thanks for all that you and your staff do,
    Lena

• davidjdunn

February 18th, 2013

Lena,

Usually it takes about 2-3 weeks for us to process applications, depending on how big the batch is. If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email.