After Class Enrichment (ACE) Instructors
A Vanderbilt After Class Enrichment (ACE) Instructor is an important member of the Vanderbilt Summer Academy team. After six hours in intensive classes each day, ACE provide students with a non-academic experience where students are learning something new and where everyone is on a somewhat level footing. Often creative or physical in nature, these classes are designed to engage students in new experiences and provide different opportunities to learn outside the classroom.
Do you have a special skill or talent that VSA that would make for a fun and community building one hour enrichment class at VSA? Do you have expertise or experience teaching a non-academic experience that promotes community and connection? Come share your skill with students this summer! Recent popular ACE classes have included yoga, chess, painting, dance, card shuffling, magic and calligraphy and VSA is always open to new ideas!
- 3:45pm-5:15pm (M-F)*
- $14.50 per hour
- Vanderbilt Peabody Campus
- June 10-27; July 8 -25 (not all sessions required)
- Onsite Training Required
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a current Peabody graduate student (preferred) or a member of the Vanderbilt community.
- Demonstrate exceptional maturity and character.
- Have experience working with teenagers in a youth development setting. (Residential life/camp counseling experience a plus.)
- Embody a strong team player ethic and sense of humor.
- Be able to successfully and positively communicate with individuals of all ages, experiences, and roles.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, demanding work environment that requires continuing flexibility, a positive and caring attitude, and collaboration.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org